SEO Readiness Setup
The first step in any marketing campaign is to honestly assess where you currently stand. After all, if you don’t know where you are, how do you know where you should be going?
In the digital marketing world this involves assessing three major areas: your website, your social media, and your online presence. When you assess these areas, you will discover your strengths and weaknesses. You will then use this information to create a plan of action to maximize your digital marketing efforts.
This guide was compiled to help you rapidly review your online properties. Each step will show you areas in which you excel, and areas for improvement. We recommend that as you find areas for improvement, you begin a list of items to fix. By the end of each chapter, you will have a short list of items on which you can improve.
By the end of this Digital Marketing Self Assessment, you will have accomplished the following objectives:
- Learn how to gather URLs and title tags and assess them so they are optimized for search engines and visitors.
- Set up Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools so that you can monitor traffic and find areas for improvement within your website.
- Understand what duplicate content is, how to locate and reduce it on your site, and how to locate it on other sites.
- Find and fix as many of the 404 errors on your site as possible.
- Understand the reasons behind tracking rankings, be able to search for your main keywords and see your true website rankings.
- Understand the malicious attempts of hackers and discover a few basic tactics to increase the security of your site.
- Learn how to implement a few quick and easy ways to back up your WordPress website.
After you’ve completed the guide, you will have found the biggest issues that have been preventing your website from ranking higher in the search engines. Then, in the SEO guide, we will fix these issues.
To achieve maximum results, complete each chapter before moving onto the next one, as they build off one another.
Ready to improve your online presence? Click the “Get Started” button below!