What is SEO? Why is SEO Important?
Have you ever looked online for an actionable guide to SEO? Unfortunately they don’t really exist. Sure, there are lots of websites talking about SEO theory and strategy, but as a business owner or marketing professional you need more than that.
You need to know exactly what to do to get results so you can get back to business.
That is exactly why we’ve created this website. Our mission is to provide businesses the action items they need to create an optimized website. No fluff. No theory. Simply relevant, actionable content.
We’ve designed the site to walk you through the steps you need to get your website optimized in a step by step fashion.
You will complete the following objectives in this guide:
- Learn what you need to know in terms of optimizing for search engines or visitors.
- Understand the purpose of title tags and how to properly implement them in your website.
- Understand the definition and purpose of a meta description and how to optimize it for best results.
- Learn the importance of optimizing URLs and how to do so for best results.
- Set up the Yoast SEO plugin and understand the available settings and features.
- Utilize the key elements of creating a high quality and effective “Contact Us” page.
- Incorporate legitimate backlinks to your website.
- Debunk common misconceptions about best practices in SEO.
Each guide is designed to create a clear path of action. They are presented in a step by step manner, so as you check off each item you will see the next step you need to take. Once you are finished, you will have a website that is search engine optimized.
***Important*** We always recommend performing a backup prior to making any changes to your site. Most of our tutorials are straight forward and you shouldn’t have any issues. However, technology can be unpredictable and it’s always worth taking a few minutes to do a backup rather than spending days attempting to re-build a website. You can see our full tutorial on performing a backup here. Trust us, you’ll thank us later.
This entire guide will take approximately 5 hours to complete. We have designed it so you can complete it at your own pace.
To begin, we will work on optimizing a few important pieces to your website. Then, we’ll fix a few technical factors to optimize for search engines. We’ll finish with helping you edit or add a few vital pieces of content. Finally, you’ll improve your online presence by leveraging other popular websites.
What are you waiting for? Click the “Get Started” button below!